August 21, 2008

A Pointless Conversation

She: "I never saw you with many guys. I always figured you were not interested in relationships at all. And not to get into Psych 101 but I just figured you didn't want to get to close to anyone. You have always been sort of a solitary person, though."

Me: "The funny thing is that it wasn't that I was not dating it was that I was VERY private about my love life. I remember when I started dating Xxxx Xxxx and Xxxx Xxxx felt he had to announce to me that he was glad I had a boyfriend because "everyone had been wondering if I was a lesbian" and I was the only person he couldn't fit into his scheme of things. I mean he literally had a diagram of everyone we knew in Xxxx and who had dated who. He showed it to me and I was this floating name with no connections to it. And there you go. That is exactly why I kept in to myself. At that time I was really not comfortable with everyone being into my personal business. I could care less most of the time now. I've always been a very affectionate person to my friends, lots of hugs. And I'm very passionate too, but I try to keep that behind closed doors or at least in dark corners. You know, when I get a little drunk...hehe"

She: "Oh I hated that stupid diagram, it made me look like such a whore. He would never show it to me either but I'm sure it said: Xxxx Xxxx FUCKED EVERYONE AND IS A WHORE. I thought sex was the same as love. I was young and stupid and just didn't know any better. I wish nobody had know anything about my love life back them"

And well, there you go. Answered your own question huh.

No comments: