December 4, 2008

I'm Sorry You're Such a Downer

This will probably sound terrible but I need to say it.

I have a casual acquaintance that I've known for years now that got pretty sick in the past couple years. It is really sad and I want to be supportive but I don't know what to say anymore.

And it is the ONLY thing she talks about now.

And the only photos of her now on her online communities now are taken during medical exams and while she was in the hospital.

Here's the thing, she doesn't look sick and she isn't bed ridden.

The mind is a powerful healer. I feel that if you are negative all the time it in turn will create more negativity in your life. So why not remember better days to try to stay positive instead and hope for healthier days ahead.

I can't even bear to reply to her mass emails anymore about her health. And I feel like a jerk for it.

I hope more than anything that I never find myself with some sort of major illness.

I don't ever want to feel and reflect only negativity and despair in my life.

No comments: